Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ethan's first day of Preschool!


Well, today was Ethan's first day of preschool! We have been talking to him about going to his new "big boy school" and he is so excited!  He was especially excited about his new backpack!  When we went to get his school supplies, I wanted to take the camera along and take pictures, but Rod was a little embarrassed by the thought!  I am so sad that my baby is growing up and we are entering this next phase of his life!  I got a little teary on the way home, just wondering what he's going to face in his school (not really preschool, but later on), what friends he will make, if he can stand up for himself... many other things as well.  I have to keep asking the Lord to take away all my anxieties and worries... they can be overwhelming!  We just have to realize that He is in control and is with Ethan even when we are not!  Man, this parenting thing is tougher on the heart than I thought!  

2 comments:

Gina said...

I can't even imagine how it feels to have your first baby going to school! I'm sure it feels like time has flown by since he was born. Can't wait to hear how much he liked it!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

oh man, he looks so big and cute!!! Hope he had a good first day!