Monday, June 1, 2009

Hudson is officially a 1 year old!

 

On Friday, May 29th we celebrated Hudson's first birthday! I can't believe he is already one! The time seems to have really flown by!
We celebrated his birthday by having family over that evening for cake and ice cream. I got a cake that really wasn't a cake at all, it was 24 cupcakes placed in the shape of a 1... really cute! He LOVED his cupcake and probably would have had more if I had let him. It was a great evening and we spent it outside on the back porch. I am so thankful that we have a house where we can have people over and enjoy the indoors or the outdoors. God has been so good to us!
Friday was also the day that marked 10 more weeks until Ella is here! I am so excited, I cannot wait to meet her! She is very active these days, especially during the night when I'm trying to get some sleep. Ethan is so excited and can't wait to meet her as well. He likes to hug my belly and tell me that he is giving Ella a hug... very sweet! :)
Well, back to the birthday boy... he is on the verge of walking! He has been trying to for the last couple of months, but has really tried more frequently during this last week. We really thought he would be walking on his birthday, but that didn't happen. He looks so tiny trying to walk around, it is so adorable! I will have to post a video of his walking... too cute! ;) He has four precious teeth and he is starting to get his "I" teeth in, so he is a little cranky at times. He got his first official haircut this week as well. It was so long and in his eyes, that we broke down and decided to cut it... it definitely makes him look older, so I'm not sure if I like it. But, I do have to say that you can see his beautiful eyes better! :) (You will notice in the pics that we started the cutting process but have not finished it yet)
Well, all I have to say is that he is so precious and I am so thankful that God has blessed us with 3 wonderful boys that bring so much joy to our lives and to think that he continues to bless us by giving us a girl is too wonderful to explain... we will be complete once she is here with us!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gina said...

I can't believe he's one! Oh sweet Ella, we can't wait to meet you!

Unknown said...

Oh, Happy Birthday baby Hudson! I can't believe he is already a year old!! My how times fly!